Imo State Government plans to hold Youths’ Summit on Security, Constitutes Planning Committee.
The government of Imo State through the Office of the governor on Youths Affairs will hold a youths’ submit on security come 7th of May, 2021 with the theme “Youth participation on emerging security challenges: A panacea to sustainable development”
This is coming on the heels of spate of insecurity bedeviling the country and geopolitical zone and the government will be seeking the inputs and contributions of the youths towards tackling the security situations in the region most especially in the state.
According to the Special Adviser to the Governor on Youths Affairs and convener, Hon. Eric Uwakwe, the submit will be a cross fertilization of ideas from the youths of the state towards addressing the security challenges confronting the state and region.
The governor will hear directly from Imo youths, and interact with them on the security challenges in the state with a view of addressing same.
Highpoint of the meeting was the creation of the planning committee and sub committees that will execute the submit in record time.
The planning committee members are as follows:
- Kelechi Aguwuom – Chairman planning committee.
- Obiaku Lancelot Ifeanyi – Secretary Planning committee.
- Barr Emeka Ihejirika – Chairmam Welfare Sub-committee.
- Sixtus Okechukwu – Secretary Sub-committee.
- Bob (SSA Entertainment) – Chairman Logistics & Protocol Sub-committee.
- Victor Unegbu Wallace secretary – Sub-committee.
- Ambrose Nwaogwugwu – Chairman Media & Publicity Sub-committee.
- Nze Duru Kizito – Secretary Sub-committee.
- Anyanwụ Bob – Chairman – Contacts and Moblization Sub-committee.
- Odogwu Deka – Secretary Contacts & Moblization Sub-committee.
The committee was inaugurated by the convener and charged to report back with execution plan in 6 days time.
Media and Publicity Sub-committee.
April 15, 2021.